Jul 2, 2021

Wildlife, Warrants & Weapons By Tonya Kappes

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Wildlife, Warrants & Weapons” the 19th instalment in the "Camper & Criminals “ Mystery series by Tonya Kappes.  I absolutely love this series, and can’t get enough of Mae West and the Laundry Club Ladies.
It creams my corn to think I've been accused of murder.

I'm a handyman in the Daniel Boone National Park. My main employer is Mae West at the Happy Trails Campground.

When I got a phone call to take down some trees on this guy's property for a side hustle, I jumped at the chance. That's one of the biggest money making jobs around these parts.

Unfortunately I got hauled off to jail after I was accused of being part of an illegal logging crew. Simple enough, I gave Sheriff Hank Sharp the name of the man who hired me, only he was found murdered by one of my tools.

Not only am I accused of illegal logging, now I'm the number one suspect in this man's murder.
It just creams my corn to be accused of murder.

There's only one person I trust to get me out of this mess and that's Maybelline West.  I'm sure she, along with her nosy friends, the Laundry Club Ladies, will snoop around to help clear my name.
This was a very quick read, I found myself engrossed in the mystery and wanting to have answers to a few questions from the last book.  For me personally this book was more about wrapping up loose ends with certain relationships as well ad hints into others personal lives eg: Bettes 

Now I have new thoughts swirling around in my mind like “How will the dynamics be with Amy newly married and Mae not having her or Bobby at her beck and call... “  Like in real life things don’t always have a fairytale ending but in the long run we know it’s for the best …

The mystery was good and we learned a lot about forestry and the environment. As always Tonya did her research. We are introduced to the new Ranger and I can’t wait to learn more about him and see how he fits in with the gang I have grown to love.

I’m full of anticipation/excitement for Book 20 as I want to know more about what’s in store for Mae! 

I highly recommend you read this series from the beginning and enjoy the escapism as much as I do.

I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...