Jul 15, 2021

Bookmarked for Murder by V.M. Burns

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Bookmarked for Murder” by V.M. Burns the 5th instalment in the Mystery Bookshop series  The poodles featured in the story remind me of my friends brown poodle. 
Amateur sleuth Samantha Washington’s shopping trip to Chicago takes a deadly detour when a man is murdered on her bus . . . 
 
After some post-Christmas retail therapy in the Windy City, mystery bookshop owner and historical whodunit novelist Sam Washington is returning home to North Harbor, Michigan, on a chartered bus. With Nana Jo and her gal pals Irma, Dorothy, and Ruby Mae from Shady Acres Retirement Village along for the ride, it's a lively trip. But one passenger is not so lively—a gentleman Irma befriended is found dead in his seat after an unscheduled stop. The ladies immediately shift gears to find out who punched his ticket, while Sam slips into the driver's seat to make sure Nana Jo and her crew steer clear of fatal conclusions . . .
I have only read one previous book but was able to follow along with no trouble.  The story grabbed my attention right away and I read it in a day.

I love the characters they are well-developed and very likeable. The plot had just enough twists and turns that I was guessing who might have done it till the very end. 

Overall I found this to be an enjoyable read and I’m looking forward to seeing what’s in store for Nana Jo and her gal pals Irma, Dorothy, and Ruby Mae from Shady Acres Retirement Village.

I highly recommend this cozy mystery to all my friends and fellow cozy lovers.


I requested and received a advanced reader copy from the publisher and Netgalley. All opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...