Jun 29, 2021

The Cider Shop Rules by Julie Anne Lindsey

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “The Cider Shop Rules” by Julie Anne Lindsey the 3rd instalment in the Cider Shop Mystery series.  Julie Anne Lindsey is not just one of my favorite cozy authors she is also a wonderful person. 
Autumn in Blossom Valley means pumpkin patches are ripe and Winona Mae Montgomery and her Granny Smythe’s cider shop is flourishing. But with this season comes . . .
 
A FATAL HARVEST
 
The Fall Festival is in full swing. Civil War reenactors from three counties are partaking in Blossom Valley’s tribute to John Brown. Blue Ridge Mountain foliage is in full bloom. And best of all is Jacob Potter’s pumpkin farm where his hay rides, piglet races, pumpkin picking and corn maze are time-honored draws for locals and tourists alike. That’s why it’s such a shock when Mr. Potter is found dead, hidden under a tarp in the back of Winnie’s pickup truck. This certainly betrays Potter’s reputation as one of the town’s most popular citizens. Fortunately, when it comes to solving a murder, no one has a patch on Winnie. Now, all eyes are on her to do it. Unfortunately, that includes those of the killer who’ll do anything to keep an orchard full of secrets buried.

 
This book was so good I read it in one day, I couldn’t put it down. I enjoyed visiting Blossom Valley, Virginia and the Smythe Orchards again. 

Winnie Montgomery is smart and very likeable and I like how she lives by her grandmother (Granny Smythe) on the Smythe Orchard. I love Granny, Dot her bff , and who can resist a couple of orange rescue kittens, a fainting goat and now a goose! (I’m secretly hoping a pig joins the zoo soon) 

There was plenty of suspense and intrigue in this story, which kept me guessing till the very end.  We find out some more about Colton this go around too
! Now I am anxiously waiting for book 4 to come out!

I highly recommend this book to all my cozy mystery loving friends!


I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Kensington Books, the Author and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...