Jun 6, 2021

Summer in the Scottish Highlands by Donna Ashcroft

Hello my friends,

Today I am reviewing Summer in the Scottish Highlands by Donna Ashcroft.   What can I say other than it was a feel-good , light-hearted summer read and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Reminded me of a Hallmark romance movie.

Escape to the gorgeous little village of Lockton in the Scottish Highlands, where you’ll discover sunshine, secrets and an unforgettable romance. It’s the perfect place to be this summer…

Thirty-year-old Paige Dougall’s life is a mess. Only a year ago she was smashing all of her life goals: handsome husband, high-flying job, cute kid. But in just under twelve months everything has gone wrong. Nursing a broken heart, single mother Paige returns to her childhood home in a picture-perfect Scottish village to try and get her life together.

Paige is too wrapped up in her worries to embrace the beautiful rolling hills and lavender-scented air of the highlands. That is until Johnny Becker, the infuriatingly cheerful chef, with his twinkling eyes and dimpled smile, steps onto the scene and provides Paige with some much-needed distraction…

Johnny challenges Paige to step outside her comfort zone and focus on the things that really matter. From food tasting, to puppy training, to mountain climbing, in every moment she spends with Johnny, Paige finds herself remembering how to live again… will she be able to love again too?

Across long sunshine-filled days, Paige and Johnny grow closer and she’s tempted to open her heart to him. But is happy-go-lucky Johnny hiding secrets of his own?

And can Paige learn to let go of her past and find happiness in the highlands?

The setting of a tiny village called Lockton in the Scottish Highlands, sounded breathtaking! It was heartwarming and made me laugh, the perfect read on a rainy summer day. 

 I literally didn't want to put it down once I'd started it and I finished it in one sitting.  The characters are likeable and you get thoroughly caught up in the story as it unfolds. 

This is a wonderful beach read and I'll definitely be reading more by this author.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Bookouture and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...