Jun 20, 2020

Return to Sender by Tonya Kappes

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Return to Sender” the fourth instalment in the Mail Carrier Mystery Series by Tonya Kappes. I loved returning to Sugar Creek Gap Kentucky as I really wanted to know what would happen between Mac and Bernadette was it the end or would they get back together. Even though these are cozy mysteries I find myself invested in the lives of the characters like they are family.


Bernadette Butler has a penchant for solving murders while keeping her ear low to the ground listening to gossip while on her mail carrier route.

Bernie tries to deliver a return to sender package and a certified letter to a local man and finds him dead.

When the death turns up suspicious, Bernie uses her amateur sleuthing skills along with the gossipy help of the Front Porch Ladies to cross reference who exactly in their small southern town stamped out the victim.


I enjoyed this instalment so much, Tonya Kappes has done it again writing another wonderful story with characters I love and care about. I find myself repeatedly saying the same things about her series as I read them as they take me away to a better place one of friendship, southern charm and community with a little murder thrown in. I love that Bernadette aka Bernie is in her 50’s I can relate to her, and especially as she is going through menopause just like me lol.

The story was well written and there were just enough suspects, twists and turns to keep me guessing and not wanting to put the book down! I did suspect the killer but it didn’t take away from my enjoyment of the story.


 I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves cozy mysteries.


I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 
View all my reviews 


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Twinkle of Trouble by Daryl Wood Gerber

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing “ A Twinkle of Trouble ” by  Daryl Wood Gerber   the 5th instalment in “A Fairy Garden Mystery&...