Jun 17, 2020

A Design to Die For By Kathleen Bridge

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing A Design to Die For by Kathleen Bridge the 5th instalment in the "Hamptons Home & Garden  Mystery" series. I really enjoy this series, although this can be read as a stand-alone I do recommend you read from the beginning.




Montauk’s first annual Designer Showhouse was meant to be a collaborative event, so decorator Meg Barrett can only despair at the group of cutthroat designers scheming to sabotage each other on the project, not to mention the oddball collection of ghost hunters slinking around to investigate a supposedly haunted cottage. But when one of the owners of the showhouse is found murdered on the rocky beach below, Meg suddenly finds herself clashing with local police because of evidence that points to her as a prime suspect.
Desperate to clear her name and track down the real culprit, Meg discovers that many of her fellow designers despised the victim for his unscrupulous business dealings, while others were speculating about his extramarital affairs. And as more secrets emerge about both the deceased and the many outsiders who have come together for the showhouse, Meg realizes she’ll have to decipher a murky pattern of clues to escape the killer’s deadly designs on her . . . 

Includes scrumptious recipes and vintage decorating tips!
I found myself engrossed in the story, I like the setting of the Hamptons and the overall feel of the place. I really enjoy the main character of Meg, and Her bff Elle. Book 4 was the first I read in the series and I have since purchased the previous 3 books.
The mystery is interesting and well plotted, full of twists and turns as well as a few surprises.  I can’t say I guessed whodunit but I was starting to lean towards them.  This would make a great beach read and it includes some great recipes as well.

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends.
I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Beyond the Page Publishing  and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review, Karen. I want to read this book (and I am like you, just read the series because you know you are going to love it!)

    ReplyDelete

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...