Jun 8, 2020

A Sprinkling of Murder by Daryl Wood Gerber

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Sprinkling of Murder” by 
Daryl Wood Gerber  the first instalment in “A Fairy Garden Mystery" series.  What a great start to a new cozy series, I love all the whimsical characters and learning about fairy gardens.

Fairy garden store owner Courtney Kelly believes in inviting magic into your life. But when uninvited trouble enters her shop, she’ll need more than a sprinkling of her imagination to solve a murder . . . 

Since childhood, Courtney has loved fairies. After her mother died when Courtney was ten, she lost touch with that feeling of magic. A year ago, at age twenty-nine, she rediscovered it when she left her father's landscaping business to spread her wings and start a fairy garden business and teashop in beautiful Carmel, California. At Open Your Imagination, she teaches garden design and sells everything from fairy figurines to tinkling wind chimes. Now she's starting a book club tea.

But the light of the magical world she's created inside her shop is darkened one night when she discovers neighboring dog-grooming business owner Mick Watkins dead beside her patio fountain. To make matters worse, the police suspect Courtney of the crime. To clear her name and find the real killer, Courtney will have to wing it. But she’s about to get a little help from an unexpected source . . .

I found the story to be charming, whimsical and especially liked that Courtney had a Ragdoll cat named Pixie and a Fairy named Fiona.  I always enjoy cozies with a hint of magic and this was no exception.  The side characters were also intriguing and I can see them developing more over the next few books. 

It was entertaining, full of twists and turns as well as a few surprises.  I didn’t guess the ending either so that was nice.

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends.


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Kensington Books and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...