Jun 15, 2020

Nothing Bundt Trouble by Elle Alexander

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing Nothing Bundt Trouble by Ellie Alexander the 11th instalment in the "A Bakeshop Mystery" series.   I really enjoyed this story and diving into the past  history of Torte and Ashland.  It starts with Jules discoverIng her father's old journal in the basement of her childhood home, which talks about an unsolved murder from the 1980s. With the help of Lance and the professor, she becomes determined to solve the cold case.

Spring has sprung in Ashland, Oregon, and everything at Torte seems to be coming up buttercream roses. But just when Juliet Capshaw seems to have found her sweet spot--with her staff set to handle the influx of tourists for this year's Shakespeare festival while she moves back into her childhood home--things take a dramatic turn. Jules discovers a long-forgotten dossier in her deceased father's belongings that details one of the most controversial cases in Ashland's history: a hit-and-run accident from the 1980s. Or was it?

Now it's up to Jules to parse through a whole new world of details from another era, from unraveling cassette tapes to recipes for Bundt cakes, before an old enemy brings the Capshaw "pastry case" to a modern-day dead end.

This was a good read, but wasn’t what I expected as it was more a back story of Torte and Ashland.  Don’t get me wrong I rather enjoyed hearing about how it all started and Jules looking into the cold case that had haunted her father and stepfather.

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters which are well developed. There is plenty of humour, too with the staff and the whole 80’s them. 

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends.


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from St. Martin’s Press and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...