Apr 9, 2020

The Diva Spices It Up by Krista Davis

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “The Diva Spices It Up” the 13th instalment in the Domestic Diva Mystery series by Krista Davis.


She's a young Martha Stewart...in Old Town Virginia! 

When a celebrity ghostwriter dies on the job, it's up to Sophie Winston, Old Town, Virginia's favorite entertaining expert and sporadic sleuth, to whip up an impromptu investigation...

Sophie never considered ghostwriting as a side gig, until former actress and aspiring lifestyle guru, Tilly Stratford, trophy wife of Wesley Winthrope, needs someone to write her celebrity cookbook. Sophie agrees, hoping she'll earn enough bread on this assignment to finish her bathroom renovations. But as it turns out, Sophie isn't the first foodie to get a taste for recipe ghostwriting, and if the marginalia are any indication, this project could be a killer...

Wesley claims professional ghostwriter, Abby Bergeron, suddenly abandoned Tilly's cookbook with no warning. But Sophie quickly discovers that Abby may be more ghost than writer now...and her disappearance was no accident. So Sophie cracks open a fresh investigation but sifting the seasoned murderer from this sampling of salty suspects won't be easy. Will Sophie savor another case closed or will the culprit simply melt away?
This is the third book I have read in the domestic diva mystery series by Krista Davis. Even though I haven't read all the earlier books I was able to follow along, so this can be read as a stand alone book.

I really like Sophie, she is relatable, interesting and I love her relationship with her ex Mars as well as several other residents of Old Town. I was drawn into the story right away and couldn't put the book down. It had lots of twists and turns to keep me guessing till the very end. 

I highly recommend this book to all my cozy mystery loving friends.

My rating 
I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Kensington Books and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I love every series that Krista Davis writes. I can hardly wait for our library to start back with the Interlibrary Program so I can get more of Krista's books! Great review, Karen!

    ReplyDelete

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...