Apr 17, 2020

A Crafter Quilts a Crime by Holly Quinn

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “A Crafter Quilts a Crime” by Holly Quinn the 3rd instalment in the A Handcrafted Mystery series. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.


Community Craft proprietor Sammy Kane must piece together a patchwork of clues when a "live" mannequin ends up stone-cold dead.

Snowcapped pines and glittery dusted sidewalks adorn tranquil Heartsford, Wisconsin, while residents cuddle beneath heirloom quilts in front of cozy wood fires. But come the next day, the below-zero temperatures won't keep the locals away from Heartsford's annual Fire & Ice event. To boost customer traffic at Community Craft's one-night-only sale, Samantha "Sammy" Kane persuades a few of the craftspeople who sell their wares at the store to participate in a live mannequin window display contest.

Local quilter Wanda Wadsworth emerges as a favorite to win the contest, as she manages to not move a muscle for an unusual amount of time. Onlookers outside the window try everything to get her to crack--tapping on the glass and making funny faces--but nothing disrupts Wanda's stillness. When the eagle-eyed spectators realize Wanda isn't breathing, a blanket of grief and fear descends upon the wintry town.

Detective Liam Nash can't seem to piece the clues together. Fortunately, Sammy's cousin, Heidi, and her sister, Ellie, are on hand to reconvene their detective team, S.H.E. They set out to solve Wanda's untimely death before the case grows as icy as a sub-zero Wisconsin winter. But they are all too aware that the killer is too close for comfort.
Being a crafter I love a mystery that has a crafty theme, and this is what originally drew me to first read this series by Holly Quinn.  I haven’t tried quilting but that did not stop me from enjoying this story. I loved the cover too.

I like the Protagonist Samantha “Sammy” Kane  and her besties Heidi and Ellie who complete the S.H.E. (Sammy-Heidi-Ellie) “detective agency” from their childhood.  The characters are well developed and very likeable, and who doesn't love a golden retriever named “Bara".  love the craft group (had my own group of crafty ladies once) and how their relationships/friendships were.  True to cozy form there were quirky characters and i loved the small town setting of Heartsford, Wisconsin.

There are plenty of red herrings, twists, turns to keep me wanting to find out what will happen next. 

I cant wait for the 4th instalment in this series, I highly recommend this to cozy lovers.


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...