Jul 4, 2016

Sweet as can Bee!!

Hello my crafty peeps!
Sorry I haven't written to much over the last few weeks with England and Vancouver Island I have been away from the craft room.  So many great ideas came to mind when thinking  about starting a project; but the one that won was this fun little ‘slider card’ using the Shooting Star Bundle in the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue.




Here's what you need:

  • Stamps
  • Various Paper
  • Ink & coloring supplies
  • Foam mounting circles
  • Shooting Star dies and ruler
  • Scissors
  • Two pennies
  1.  Make a card base 5 1/4" by 4 1/4" in your choice of colour, I used  as it coordinated with the scrap piece of paper I used for the front.
  2. Die cut the circle from your patterned paper.  If sturdy enough you won't need to mount it on CS first.
  3. Adhere to front of your card base with the foam strips available from Stampin' Up! or whatever foam you have at hand.
  4. Stamp and colour your Bee image.  I stamped the Bee in Memento and coloured with my Copic Markers then die cut out.
  5. Add Wink of Stella to the wings and stripes. 
  6. Stamp the Bee Hive on Hello Honey CS in Chocolate Chip ink and die cut.
  7. Stick a dimensional between the two pennies to create a sandwich.
  8. Insert your penny sandwich into the slot you created.
  9. Then adhere your image on top of the penny. If you move your cardstock, your image should slide around the circle.
  10. Add your sentiment
  11. Cut a piece of Very Vanilla CS 4" by 5 1/4" for the inside of your card.
  12. Embellish as you wish.
Here’s cute video from Stampin’ Up! on slider cards and showcasing the Shooting Star Bundle.

If I can give you just a little inspiration, where you can look at one of my cards and think I can do that, or I could tweak that and put my own spin on it, then I am achieving what I have set out to do!

P.S. Please share. with your friends and leave me a comment below. I read them ALL!

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stranger in the Library by Eva Gates

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "A Stranger in the Library” the 11th instalment in the "Lighthouse Library" Myste...