Sep 14, 2024

High Style and Homicide by Kathleen Bridge

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing High Style and Homicide by Kathleen Bridge the 8th instalment in the "Hamptons Home & Garden  Mystery" series. I really enjoy this series, although this can be read as a stand-alone I do recommend you read from the beginning.
Interior design meets ulterior motive when murder strikes the family 
of a leading light in home décor . . .

Never in her wildest dreams did interior decorator Meg Barrett think she’d get the chance to team up with the iconic Jessica Sterling. A do-it-yourself dynamo, Jessica’s Dahlia Lane Farms brand has swept the country, and Meg is thrilled to discover she’s just as charming and gracious in person as she is on TV. But tragedy strikes when her beloved brother is killed in a hit-and-run, and when the evidence points to foul play, Meg vows to help Jessica by investigating.

It doesn’t take long for Meg to figure out that not everyone working with Jessica has her best interests at heart, and she’s certain that Jessica’s brother was killed for something he knew about one of them. And then another body turns up, and it’s clear that someone is going to desperate lengths to protect their secret. With Jessica still reeling from her loss, Meg puts herself in harm’s way to unearth the secret and catch the killer—before they can carry out their murderous designs on her . . .

Includes tasty recipes and classic vintage decorating tips!
I found myself engrossed in this story, I like the setting of the Hamptons and the overall feel of the place. I really enjoyed catching up with the main character of Meg, and her bff Elle.   I’m also glad to see where their relationships are heading …

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, full of twists and turns.  I can’t say I guessed who the killer was but I was starting to lean towards them.  

I recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends.
I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Beyond the Page Publishing  and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas at the Little Paris Hotel By Rebecca Raisin

Hello my friends, Today I am reviewing the "Christmas at the Little Paris Hotel” by Rebecca Raisin. I really enjoyed, it was so refresh...