May 24, 2024

The Marlow Murder Club by Robert Thorogood

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today, I am reviewing the first installment in the 'Marlow Murder Club' series, penned by Robert Thorogood, the creative mind behind the BBCOne show 'Death in Paradise'. I thoroughly enjoyed this engaging read and appreciated the author's writing style, which skillfully weaves a captivating mystery that keeps readers enthralled until the very end.
To solve an impossible murder, you need an impossible hero…

Judith Potts is seventy-seven years old and blissfully happy. She lives on her own in a faded mansion just outside Marlow, there’s no man in her life to tell her what to do or how much whisky to drink, and to keep herself busy she sets crosswords for The Times newspaper.

One evening, while out swimming in the Thames, Judith witnesses a brutal murder. The local police don’t believe her story, so she decides to investigate for herself, and is soon joined in her quest by Suzie, a salt-of-the-earth dog-walker, and Becks, the prim and proper wife of the local Vicar.

Together, they are the Marlow Murder Club.

When another body turns up, they realise they have a real-life serial killer on their hands. And the puzzle they set out to solve has become a trap from which they might never escape…
As a long-time fan of Robert Thorogood's work on the 'Death in Paradise' television series, I was eagerly anticipating his debut novel, 'The Marlow Murder Club'. I am pleased to report that this initial installment in the series did not disappoint. The story introduces a delightful ensemble of female amateur sleuths, whose unlikely friendships are forged in the midst of murder and mystery.

The plot is engaging, with numerous twists and turns that kept me guessing until the very end. I appreciated the author's skillful pacing and character development, which made it easy to become invested in the lives of the protagonists. The novel's conclusion was satisfying, and I am eager to see how the series evolves in the next installment.

I highly recommend 'The Marlow Murder Club' to fans of cozy mysteries and amateur sleuth stories. The book has also been adapted into a television movie in the UK, written by the author himself, which I found to be equally enjoyable.

Overall, I am excited to continue following this series and seeing where the author takes these intriguing characters next."
All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Little Lost Library by Ellery Adams

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "The Little Lost Library” the 7th instalment in the "The Secret, Book & Scone Soci...