Jul 25, 2023

Mischief Nights Are Murder by Libby Klein

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Mischief Nights Are Murder" the 8th instalment in the Poppy McAllister Mystery series by Libby Klein. I love this series and I think this was best one yet!
It’s spooky season, and gluten-free baker Poppy McAllister and her aunt Ginny are preparing some pranks for Cape May, New Jersey’s annual Mischief Night at their B&B. But jokes and games are pushed aside when a killer strikes…

Poppy is none too pleased when her B&B is coerced into participating in the Cape May Haunted Dinners Tour during Halloween season. Though her knack for finding dead bodies has given the place a spooky reputation, the Murder House is a completely undeserved nickname. At least it used to be . . .

While Poppy wrangles with some guests who can’t stop squabbling with each other—including a paranormal researcher, a very quirky pet psychic who freaks out her portly Persian, and an undercover tabloid reporter eager to catch her staff in a lie—one of them winds up facedown in a plate of tiramisu. And now she has bigger worries than getting her house TP’d . . .
I love visiting the Jersey Shore and Poppy, Gia, the adorable Henry, Aunt Ginny, and the "Biddies"! Plus we cant forget about her mischievous cat, Figuro! This time around Poppy has been roped into hosting an Haunted House Dinner event for a week and Poppy really wishes she wasn’t as she already had a lot on her plate!

We have a new addition to the household Kenny Love , who I picture looking like carrot-top the comedian.  I’m looking forward to knowing more about him in the coming books.

From a houseful of quirky paranormal enthusiasts, disappearing  items and mysterious Halloween mischief on the front lawn Poppy has her work cut out for her.  Enter her arch nemesis Joanne who ends up helping her along the way…. Is there hope for them yet. 

I found the mystery was well written and paced with lots of twists and turns. It kept me guessing to the end. I can’t wait till the next instalment comes out and finding out what Poppy does next! 

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...