Jun 1, 2023

The Murderous Type by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing The Murderous Type by Sue Minix the 2nd instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" series.  What a great follow up to book one. I enjoyed this book and look forward to book 3.
I wrote murder mysteries. I didn’t investigate them. Until now…

Crime writer turned amateur sleuth, Jen, has taken over the running of the local bookstore in her hometown of Riddleton.

But balancing the books at Ravenous Readers is nothing compared to meeting the deadline for her new novel.

Dodging phone calls from her editor takes a back seat, however, when the local police chief is poisoned. To solve the murder, Jen must dust off her detective hat once more.

With everyone in town seemingly a suspect, and evidence planted to incriminate local police officer and close friend Eric, Jen is working against the clock. Can she find the killer and beat her own writer’s block before it’s too late?

Perfect for fans of Agatha Christie, Lauren Elliott and Ellery Adams, this is an absolutely gripping new bookish cozy crime series that will have you hooked from the very first page.
I really enjoyed visiting Riddleton again and love the addition of Savanna the German shepherd puppy to the family at Ravenous Readers. I also like the budding romance between Jen and Eric…

It was entertaining, full of twists and turns and I did guess whodunnit but that did not distract from the story.  

I recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends!
I requested and received an advanced readers copy from Harper Collins/Avon and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dog Who Knew Too Much by Krista Davis

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "The Dog Who Knew Too Much” the 6th instalment in the "Paws and Claws” Mystery series ...