May 22, 2023

Spring Break Slaying by Jody Holford

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “ Spring Break Slaying” by Jody Holford book 3 in the Wannabe Sleuth Mystery series.  I found it to be just as enjoyable as the previous two books and entertaining full of loveable characters that I like to call friends.  Releases May 23rd 

What happens on spring break stays on spring break…except murder.

It’s spring break in Rainbow Falls and true crime aficionado Annie Abbott is hoping to cater to the hoards of college kids descending on her coastal town by hosting a Gatsby-themed murder mystery party. She’s hoping her twenties era whodunnit at a local historic mansion will increase tourist revenue and build her business’s brand.

The party is the talk of the town when a despised social media influencer is attacked and left for dead on the estate’s grounds. With the help of her online friends, Annie searches for clues. The list of suspects reads like the town’s social directory—but who benefits most from the victim’s silence?

Annie’s parents are due home from their year-long adventure, so her time in Rainbow Falls is winding down. With a growing suspect list and tension among her friends, Annie worries about her own future. Should she settle in Rainbow Falls? Do she and Ben, her boyfriend and the town vet, have a future? Will she live long enough to find out?
This was an exciting read all the way through, and I read in one sitting. I enjoyed catching up with Annie and Ben as well as all of the side characters in Rainbow Falls.  I would like to hang out with these characters especially the “Undercover Sleuths”.  I found myself thoroughly enjoying the story and the romance between Ben and Annie.   

The mystery was well written and had plenty of suspects who wanted the victim dead.  I did not suspect the killer at all! There were a few red herrings but I was totally engrossed in what was happening. 

I can't wait for the next instalment!

I highly recommend this cozy mystery series to all my friends who love a cozy with romance thrown in.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book from the author and Tule Publishing. All of the above opinions are my own.



Jody Holford writes both contemporary romance and cozy mysteries. She lives in British Columbia with her family.
She's unintentionally funny and rarely on time for anything.
When picking up her titles, you can expect a little heat and a lot of heart.  If she's not writing, you'll find her reading, doodling, or drinking Diet Pepsi.

Website:        http://www.jodyholfordauthor.com/ 
Blog:             www.jodyholford.weebly.com/blog 
Twitter:         https://twitter.com/jody_holford 
Newsletter:   http:/eepurl.com/cftRf1


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...