May 29, 2023

A Cornish Seaside Murder by Fiona Leitch

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "A Cornish Seaside Murder” the 6th instalment in The Nosey Parker Cozy Mystery series by Fiona Leitch.  I cannot get enough of this series, if you love mysteries set in England this is for you!
Former Met police officer Jodie ‘Nosey’ Parker is working a trial period as an auxiliary Detective Sergeant with the Penstowan police force. But living and working alongside DCI Nathan Withers – while still trying to grow her catering company – brings its own challenges, especially when Jodie’s attention is quickly taken up by the suspicious drowning of a local fisherman.

While tourists and locals alike are falling under the spell of the annual mermaid festival with its captivating legends of Sirens luring fishermen to their deaths, Jodie and Nathan fear they may have found themselves in the middle of a very real – and very dangerous – turf war. As the casualties start to stack up, they must face the likelihood that something sinister has been going on under their noses for some time…

I love visiting Cornwall and Jodie, Daisy, and her mum but let’s not forget about Germaine the Pomeranian! This time we are attending the annual mermaid festival with its captivating legends of Sirens luring fishermen to their deaths.  The description of Jodie dressed as the evil mermaid had me laughing as well as a few other scenes in the book.

The mystery was really interesting, well plotted, and had just enough twists to keep you engrossed and wanting to know what happens next. I really hope there will be a book 7 coming out soon, as I can’t get enough of this series.

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.

I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Harper Collins UK.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...