Feb 5, 2023

Cheddar Late Than Dead by Linda Reilly

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Cheddar Late Than Dead
” the 3rd instalment in A Grilled Cheese Mystery series by Linda Reilly set in the town of Balsam Dell, Vermont. This is definitely one of my favourite series.
The next in a delicious new culinary cozy series featuring a grilled cheese eatery owner who must solve murders in her small town before someone is cheddar off dead

Winter in Balsam Dell is a snowy affair, and to add in some cheer after the holidays Carly's former classmate Klarissa Taddeo is hosting her extravagant bridal shower at the historic Balsam Dell inn. That is, until a double-booking throws some mold in the cheese and leaves Klarissa scrambling. With the venue moved to the maid of honor's family mansion and Carly rinding to create a new delicious treat it seems the group is going to pull off the shower without a hitch.

That is, until a rowdy band of groomsmen crashes the event. Klarissa is furious with her groom-to-be and when a loud argument ensues, everyone is shocked by what they hear. When the groom is later found dead at the bottom of the stairs, his drink spiked with a hefty dose of poison, Carly must put her nose to the rind and save Klarissa from being suspect #1.

Because you know what they say: it's always the (almost) wife.
I really like the characters in this series and they are what have made me fall in love with it.  Especially the Protagonist Carly, her bff Gina, and her co-workers Grant, Suzanne and newly hired Valerie.

The mystery was interesting and there are plenty of red herrings, and  twists to keep you wanting to find out what will happen next. 

I read the book in one day it was that good, You will crave a grilled cheese while reading the book, I know I did. Luckily there are recipes at the back.

I cant wait for the 4th instalment.  I highly recommend this to cozy lovers.


I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Poisoned Pen Press and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

 Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olive You to Death by Lynn Cahoon

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Olive You to Death” the 16th instalment in the "Tourist Trap” Mystery series by Lynn ...