Dec 31, 2022

Homecoming and Homicide by Jody Holford

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “ Homecoming and Homicide” by Jody Holford book 2 in the Wannabe Slueth Mystery series.  What a great follow up to book one! I found it to be just as enjoyable and entertaining full of loveable characters that I like to call friends.  Releases January 10th ….


She doesn’t remember high school being so complicated…or as deadly. 

Rainbow Falls newcomer Annie Abbott is finally feeling settled in town with her veterinarian boyfriend and their two curious kittens. The local high school is raising money for their drama program and, eager to help, Annie volunteers for the carnival’s photo booth, using her graphic design skills to create fun backdrops and mentor a group of students. The only dark cloud is a run in with an unpleasant teacher who’s critical of her teenage neighbor, Tate, and his girlfriend.

On the night of the carnival, Annie discovers the not-so-nice teacher dead. She and her motley crew of murder club sleuths leap into action to help clear her own name along with Tate’s. Luckily for both of them, there are plenty of suspects who had it out for the victim. Complicating Annie’s illicit investigation further? A mystery stalker with a vendetta against her.

As Annie and her friends chase clues, it’s becoming increasingly clear that not everyone is happy with her decision to make Rainbow Falls her home.


I found the story engaging and really well-written, with that wonderful small town feel and excellent characters. 

The protagonist Annie was intelligent, likeable, and the friends she made were people I would like to hang out with especially the “Undercover Sleuths”.  I found myself thoroughly enjoying the story and the romance between Ben and Annie.   

The mystery was well written and had plenty of suspects who wanted the victim dead.  I did not suspect the killer at all! There were a few red herrings but I was totally engrossed in what was happening. 

I can't wait for the next instalment Spring Break Slaying coming in May 2023 !

I highly recommend this cozy mystery series to all my friends who love a cozy with romance thrown in.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book from the author and Tule Publishing. All of the above opinions are my own.



Jody Holford writes both contemporary romance and cozy mysteries. She lives in British Columbia with her family.
She's unintentionally funny and rarely on time for anything.
When picking up her titles, you can expect a little heat and a lot of heart.  If she's not writing, you'll find her reading, doodling, or drinking Diet Pepsi.

Website:        http://www.jodyholfordauthor.com/ 
Blog:             www.jodyholford.weebly.com/blog 
Twitter:         https://twitter.com/jody_holford 
Newsletter:   http:/eepurl.com/cftRf1


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...