Oct 23, 2022

Secrets in the Stacks by Lynn Cahoon

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “'Secrets in the Stacks” by Lynn Cahoon book two  in the Survivors  Book Club Mystery series. I love this new series of Lynn’s it’s entertaining full of loveable characters and a furbaby named Killer. 
After an ominous Tarot reading, Sedona bookstore owner Rarity Cole must find a killer to keep her friend safe from harm—even if the cards are stacked against her . . .

Following her recovery from breast cancer, Rarity has embraced a life of healing and service in her Sedona, Arizona, community. She welcomes the opportunity to participate in the annual summer healing fair with her fittingly named new-age bookstore, The Next Chapter. The members of the Tuesday Night Survivors' Book Club are also volunteering, maintaining a cooling station for overheated festivalgoers, and hosting a Tarot card reader for entertainment.

But one member, Darby, is anything but entertained when the Tarot reader pulls a Death card. With a mammogram coming up, she's freaked out and goes home—only to walk into a crime scene where someone near and dear to her has been murdered. Despite the objections of Detective Drew Anderson, Rarity is determined to help her friend and protect her from being the killer's next victim . . .

Once again the story was engaging, really well-written, and I love the setting  in the desert town of Sedona Arizona.

The protagonist Rarity was intelligent, likeable, and the friends she made were people I would like to hang out with especially Sam, Archer and Drew.  I found myself thoroughly enjoying the story and I like where the romance between Rarity and Archer is going.  

It shows us that it doesn’t matter what illness or troubles one has, a strong support system of friendship and trust is always a must, so why not have that with your book club. 

I did suspect the killer early on but there were a few red herrings so I wasn't 100% sure until close to the end when the final piece fell into place.  

I can't wait for the next instalment!

I highly recommend this cozy mystery series to all my friends who love a cozy with a strong support system of friends in it.

I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Kensington Books and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...