Nov 5, 2022

Grilled 4 Murder by J. C. Eaton

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Grilled 4 Murder" the 10th instalment in the Sophie Kimball Mystery series by J.C. Eaton. 

With a high-stakes barbecue contest coming to town, Sophie “Phee” Kimball’s friends will get raked over the coals when one of the contestants is murdered . . .

Sun City West is abuzz with the news that the Food Network is sponsoring a local barbecue cook-off and that Phee’s friends from the pinochle club are in the finals. But the mood soon darkens when the county planning committee announces a plan to situate a new garbage transfer station on the town’s edge. With tempers flaring and rumors of corruption swirling, it comes as little surprise when the committee’s chair, who happens to be a finalist in the cook-off, is found murdered.

When Phee’s friends are named as the most likely suspects, she knows the accusation stinks to high heaven. As she navigates a world of politics and payoffs, she discovers there are any number of community members, along with the committee itself, who had a reason to want the chair dead¬. With the barbecue contest in full swing and celebrity chefs on hand to judge, Phee will have to sniff out the clues, no matter how noxious, to catch a killer . . .

I found myself engrossed in the story and reading it in almost one day. I love the characters which are well developed. There is plenty of humour, too with Harriet and Streetman her Chiweenie and now Essie the kitten.  But the rest of her crew from the Sun City Retirement Community aren’t to be outdone in this instalment, what a hoot!

The mystery is interesting, well plotted as well as
 full of twists and turns.  Always an entertaining, fun read. This is one of my favourite series and I always buy in Paperback as I know I will read again.

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends. 

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lights, Camera, Bones by Carolyn Haines

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing  "Lights, Camera, Bones" by Carolyn Haines   the 27th instalment in  the " A Sar...