Jul 15, 2022

A Dark and Stormy Tea by Laura Childs

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “A Dark and Stormy Tea” the 24th instalment in the A Tea Shop Mystery series by Laura Childs. I absolutely love this series!
A possible serial killer on the loose sends tea maven Theodosia Browninginto a whirlwind of investigation in this latest installment ofthe New York Timesbestselling series.

It was a dark and stormy night, but that was the least of Theodosia Browning's troubles. As she approaches St. Philips Graveyard, Theodosia sees two figures locked in a strange embrace. Wiping rain from her eyes, Theodosia realizes she has just witnessed a brutal murder and sees a dark-hooded figure slip away into the fog.
 
In the throes of alerting police, Theodosia recognizes the victim—it is the daughter of her friend, Lois, who owns the Antiquarian Bookshop next door to her own Indigo Tea Shop.
 
Even though this appears to be the work of a serial killer who is stalking the back alleys of Charleston, Lois begs Theodosia for help. Against the advice of her boyfriend, Detective Pete Riley, and the sage words of Drayton, her tea sommelier, amateur-sleuth Theodosia launches her own shadow investigation. And quickly discovers that suspects abound with the dead girl’s boyfriend, nefarious real estate developer, private-security man, bumbling reporter, and her own neighbor who is writing a true-crime book and searching for a big ending.
 
INCLUDES DELICIOUS RECIPES AND TEA TIME TIPS!

I have said this before and I will say it again everything about this series enthrals me! The story had me wrapped up in the goings on of protagonist Theo, the Indigo Tea Shop,  Drayton, and Haley once again, it was like visiting old friends. 

A possible serial killer on the loose sends tea maven Theodosia Browning into a whirlwind of investigation

As for the mystery itself I found it suspenseful, intriguing, and well thought out. 

Make sure you have a hot cup of tea and a snack when reading as I’m always hungry when I hear Haley’s menus! Good thing there are recipes from the tea shop at the end of the book.

If you are looking for a light, fun read then this series fits the bill.


I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from NetGalley and Berkley. All thoughts and opinions are my own

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...