Jul 20, 2022

Home is Where the Bodies is by Jody Holford

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Home is Where the Body is” by Jody Holford book one in the Wannabe Slueth Mystery series.  I was sad when her Britton Bay series ended so was happy when I heard about the new cozy mystery series, and Jody didn’t disappoint! I found it to be just as enjoyable and entertaining full of loveable characters and felines.  Releases August 2022…



The coastal Oregon town of Rainbow Falls might be sleepy, but it’s definitely not innocent...

When graphic designer and true crime fan Annie Abbott agrees to house sit her parents’ home for a year, she’s convinced that even though the small town has ten coffee shops, nothing exciting will happen. But that’s before a seemingly feral cat gives birth in her garage, prompting a call to the very handsome, very single town vet. It’s a dream meet-cute, but just as their romance blooms, Annie discovers the bloody body of her grumpy neighbor. And despite the fact that she passes out at the sight of blood, the police suspect her.

To clear her name, Annie will need to put her years of watching police procedurals and reading mysteries to good use. She’ll also need to rely on her new friends who have welcomed her to Rainbow Falls, but is one of them the killer?

What a great start to a new cozy mystery series it was engaging and really well-written, with a wonderful small town, seaside setting and excellent characters. As most of you know I love the sea and the way this town was described I was dreaming of living there myself.  

The protagonist Annie was intelligent, likeable, and the friends she made were people I would like to hang out with especially Ashley and Stephanie.  I found myself thoroughly enjoying the story and the instant romance whilst trying to figure out the killer. 

The mystery was well written and had plenty of suspects who wanted the victim dead.  I did suspect the killer early on but there were a few red herrings so I wasnt 100% sure until close to the end when the final piece fell into place.  

I can't wait for the next instalment Homecoming and Homicide!

I highly recommend this cozy mystery series to all my friends who love a cozy with romance thrown in.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book from the author and Tule Publishing. All of the above opinions are my own.



Jody Holford writes both contemporary romance and cozy mysteries. She lives in British Columbia with her family.
She's unintentionally funny and rarely on time for anything.
When picking up her titles, you can expect a little heat and a lot of heart.  If she's not writing, you'll find her reading, doodling, or drinking Diet Pepsi.

Website:        http://www.jodyholfordauthor.com/ 
Blog:             www.jodyholford.weebly.com/blog 
Twitter:         https://twitter.com/jody_holford 
Newsletter:   http:/eepurl.com/cftRf1


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...