Mar 15, 2022

The Burning Pages A Scottish Bookshop Mystery by Paige Shelton

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "The Burning Pages” the 7th instalment in the "Scottish Bookshop Mystery” series by Paige Shelton.  I really enjoy this series and have started collecting in hardcover. 
Delaney Nichols faces off against an elusive arsonist in the seventh Scottish Bookshop Mystery, The Burning Pages, from beloved author Paige Shelton....

One winter's night, bookseller Delaney Nichols and her coworker Hamlet are invited to a Burns Night dinner, a traditional Scottish celebration of the poet Robert Burns. She's perplexed by the invitation, but intrigued. The dinner takes place at Burns House itself, a tiny cottage not far from the Cracked Spine bookshop but well hidden. There, it becomes clear that Delaney and Hamlet were summoned in an attempt to make amends between Edwin, Delaney's boss, and one of the other invitees, who suspected Edwin for burning down his own bookshop twenty years ago after a professional disagreement.

But after the dinner, there’s another fire. The Burns House itself is burned to the ground, and this time there’s a body among the ruins. When Hamlet is accused of the crime, Delaney rushes to prove his innocence, only to discover that he might actually have a plausible motive...

I loved visiting Edinburgh, Scotland and the Cracked Spine book shop again. The story is full of quirky characters with fortune tellers, and buskers set amongst a beautiful setting in old Edinburgh. I liked how this time we were exploring Robbie Burns and Hamlets background.  

There were several possible suspects, and kept me guessing for quite a while. I was drawn into this story right away and did not want to put it down. 

Overall, I found it to be a very entertaining read that made me long to visit Scotland and read more about poet Robbie Burns.

I highly  recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.


I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Minotaur Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stranger in the Library by Eva Gates

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "A Stranger in the Library” the 11th instalment in the "Lighthouse Library" Myste...