Mar 22, 2022

No Farm No Fowl By Julie Anne Lindsey

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “No Farm No Fowl” book 1 in the Thelma & Luisa Mysteries by Julie Anne Lindsey. OMG I love her new series featuring Thelma a Polish Chicken!   I can see this being another hit, Julie is already one of my favourite authors and per usual I was not disappointed. 



It’s out of the frying pan and into the fire for Thelma and Louisa in this new farm to fun cozy mystery series!

Polish chicken breeder Louisa Eggers and her beloved hen, Thelma, are enjoying life sunny side up in their earthy cottagecore community of Meadowbrook. Friends and neighbors can’t get enough of Louisa’s special breakfast recipes, and she has high hopes of feathering her nest with income from the budding egg enterprise.

But when a local naysayer, seemingly determined to bring bad press to Louisa’s community, lifestyle, and cafĂ© is found dead with a belly full of her quiche, and the coroner crows murder, all eyes turn to Louisa for an explanation.

To save their business and reputation, Thelma and Louisa lay a plan to find the killer. Can they crack this case before it’s too late? Or will they find themselves in a heaping helping of trouble?
I LOVED this book! I was left smiling once again and didn’t want to leave this happy place. I like how the author ties it to her other series and I hope we have a joint investigation in the future between Luisa and Bonnie.

I found the characters (both human and feathered) a delight to read about and the setting of Meadowbrook in Cromwell, Georgia was so charming and fun. 

The mystery is well-written and plotted. There are several red herrings and twists to keep the reader engaged.  I suspected the killer halfway through but then changed my mind, as there were other viable suspects. 

I look forward to reading all the books in the series and highly recommend to all my cozy mystery loving friends.

I voluntarily agreed to read a digital copy of this book supplied by the Author. All thoughts and opinions are my own and in no way have been influenced.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stranger in the Library by Eva Gates

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "A Stranger in the Library” the 11th instalment in the "Lighthouse Library" Myste...