Mar 20, 2022

In the Company of Witches Auralee Wallace

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "In the Company of Witches" the first instalment in Auralee Wallace’s new Paranormal Cozy Mystery series. I was first drawn to the book by the cover but then a few friends read it and highly recommended, so I bought in Paperback. I’m not sure why I waited so long to read as I loved it!  I was approved to read an arc of book 2 which releases next month, so I will be reading first thing in the morning.
When a guest dies in the B&B she helps her aunts run, a young witch must rely on some good old-fashioned investigating to clear her aunt's name in this magical and charming new cozy mystery.

For four hundred years, the Warren witches have used their magic to quietly help the citizens of the sleepy New England town of Evenfall thrive. There's never been a problem they couldn't handle. But then Constance Graves--a local known for being argumentative and demanding--dies while staying at the bed and breakfast Brynn Warren maintains with her aunts. At first, it seems like an accident...but it soon becomes clear that there's something more sinister at work, and Aunt Nora is shaping up to be the prime suspect.

There's nothing Brynn wants more than to prove Nora's innocence, and it hurts her to know that even two years ago that might have been easier. Brynn, after all, is a witch of the dead--a witch who can commune with ghosts. Ghosts never remember much about their deaths, but Constance might remember something about her life that would help crack the case. But Brynn hasn't used her powers since her husband died, and isn't even sure she still can. Brynn will just have to hope that her aunts' magic and her own investigative skills will lead her to answers--and maybe back to the gift she once thought herself ready to give up forever.
Brynn our protagonist is dealing with the death of her husband and the grief that has taken hold of her but throughout the story we see her grow and I loved the family dynamics including Dog a crow and Faustus a Maine Coon. I liked the authors descriptive writing and because of this I was pulled into the story right away.  I read in about 6 hours.

I really enjoyed this book, there was Mystery as well as Magic! There were lots of twists, turns, as well as  The characters are well developed and story well written, I highly recommend to fellow Cozy Mystery fans who enjoy a bit of magic and paranormal thrown in. Cant wait to read When the Crows Away!

.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stranger in the Library by Eva Gates

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "A Stranger in the Library” the 11th instalment in the "Lighthouse Library" Myste...