Nov 9, 2021

Southern Magical Bakery by Tonya Kappes

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Southern Magical Bakery” by Tonya Kappes the first book in her all new series starring Lo Heal-Park and her kitten . Lo is the daughter of June Heal and Oscar Park from Whispering Falls in the Magical Cures Mystery series.  I’m wondering if each book will have a quirky title or if it will just be volume 1,2,3 etc.
Yes. I'm the daughter of the infamous couple, June Heal and Oscar Park.

One teeny weeny problem, I'm a mortal. Yep. I guess I got my granny Darla's DNA.

Good news! I might not have spiritual powers but I have a mean set of baking skills. I'm delighted to be moving out of Whispering Falls, where y'all know I can't live since I'm mortal, and to Celestial Falls, another small southern town where I'm opening Heavenly Desserts. Of course The Marys wouldn't let me leave unless I took my new kitten with me.

I'm beyond excited but fluff left my dough when Orin Reguila showed up. But that's not all that put too much flour in my cookies, there just so happened to be a murder...when someone ate my cookie. 

I've got no one to turn to! It looks like I'm going to have to enlist Orin's help with his wizard skills. 

I just hope I can clear my name and save my business before The Marys make me pack up and go back to Whispering Falls.

I absolutely loved this story!  I think it’s my new favorite series of Tonya’s.  Once again Tonya has woven a picture of small town Kentucky with its southern charm, quirky characters and a dash of humour. Welcome to the small town of Celestial Falls, Kentucky where it’s not all as it seems. 

The story moved at a steady pace with a few red herrings and a few twists to keep you guessing. I was completely surprised by the ending, totally not what I expected. I am super excited to read book two.


I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...