Nov 26, 2021

A Murder Like No Author by Amy Lillard

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "A Murder Like No Author” the 3rd instalment in 
Main Street Book Club Mysteries  by Amy Lillard set in the town of Sugar Springs Mississippi.  I have not read the previous books, and had no trouble following along but I recommend reading in order.
Bookstore owner Arlo and her Friday Night Book Club sleuths are going to have to read between the lines to solve this mystery!

It's movie time in Sugar Springs and the whole town is pitching together to get the historical Coliseum Theater ready for the event of the year—the premiere of Missing Girl, local author Wally Harrison's bestselling novel turned film.

Thrilled to bring tourists to Sugar Springs, the town comes together to host the late author's event. But when a stranger arrives, boasting he has definitive proof that Wally didn't write Missing Girl...well, drama leaps from the page into real life. Mishaps start taking place around the theater—and then the stranger is discovered dead in his hotel room right before his press conference.

Can Arlo and her Friday night book club to sleuth out the killer and solve the mystery before the town's Hollywood dreams go up in smoke?

Bookstore owner Arlo and her Friday Night Book Club sleuths are going to have to read between the lines to solve this mystery!  Can Arlo and her Friday night book club to sleuth out the killer and solve the mystery before the town's Hollywood dreams go up in smoke?

I really enjoyed this story, and it has made me want to read the previous books.  The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters.  I kept guessing and second-guessing myself on whodunnit right to the very end.   

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.
I requested and received an Advanced Readers copy from Poisoned Pen Press and NetGalley.All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

 Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...