Aug 23, 2021

Railroaded 4 Murder by J.C. Eaton

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Railroaded 4 Murder" the 8th instalment in the Sophie Kimball Mystery series by J.C. Eaton. 
While planning her wedding, Sophie "Phee" Kimball gets sidetracked by the murder of a model train enthusiast...

Phee's marriage to Marshall Gregory promises to be the wedding of the year in Arizona's Sun City West--that is, if you ask her mother Harriet. But before she can walk down the aisle, it looks like she has to solve one more murder. At a model train exhibit, Phee, Harriet, and their beloved Chiweenie, Streetman, discover the body of Sun City West's railroad club president, with an incriminating tap shoe near his lifeless corpse.

Wilbur Maines may have loved model trains but apparently he was not a model husband. There are rumors of affairs with hot-to-trot hobbyists the Choo-Choo Chicks. The police suspect his wife--and Harriet's friend--Roxanne, who dances with the Rhythm Tappers, but Phee's mom is convinced they're on the wrong track. Before the poor woman is railroaded into spending the rest of her life behind bars, Phee, Harriet, and the book club ladies will need to do some fancy footwork, infiltrate the dance group, and find the real culprit before the killer leaves the station...

I found myself engrossed in the story and reading it in almost one day. It was entertaining, full of twists and turns as well as a few surprises. Even learnt a few things about Railroads…

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters which are well developed. There is plenty of humour, too with Harriet and Streetman her Chiweenie and the rest of her crew from the Sun City Retirement Community.  This is one of my favourite series and I always buy in Paperback as I know I will read again.

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends. 

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...