Aug 19, 2021

No Grater Crime by Maddie Day

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "No Grater Crime” the 9th book in the Country Store Mystery series by Maddie Day. I just love this series! Lindi loves it too!
Lindi’s woof of approval 
Robbie Jordan's Pans 'N Pancakes boasts delicious eats and the best vintage cookware finds in South Lick, Indiana. And now, for a limited time, there's a new special featured on the menu--murder!

Ever since meeting the wary owners of an antique shop opening across the street, Robbie has been scrambling to manage weird incidences plaguing her café and country store. Pricey items vanish from shelves without explanation, a fully equipped breakfast food truck starts lingering around the area each morning, and loyal diners mysteriously fall ill. When an elderly man dies after devouring an omelet packed with poisonous mushrooms, Robbie must temporarily close down Pans 'N Pancakes and search for the killer with a real zest for running her out of business--or else.

This is the fifth book I have read in the series and I was able to follow along easily so it can be read as a stand alone.  I really enjoyed it and practically read in one sitting.

I love the setting of South Lick, Indiana and I love Robbie and her staff at Pans N Pancakes they are like a big family.  There were some nasty characters this time with touches on mental illness, and just plain old meanness. But through it all you still felt the good in most of South Lick. We learned more about Sean - Abe’s son and BFF Lou’s sister this go around too which was nice.

There were enough twists to keep me intrigued and wanting to know how it ends. The plot and story were good and seemed to flow at a good pace.  I did suspect the killer but what a surprise ending.  I’m looking forward to seeing how Robbie, Abe and Sean blend households in the next book.

I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a cozy filled with down home characters and a small town atmosphere.

I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Kensington and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...