May 10, 2021

Reserved for Murder by Victoria Gilbert

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing "Reserved for Murder" the 2nd instalment in the "A Booklover's B&B Mystery" series by Victoria Gilbert. I think this series will be on my must read list, I really enjoy the setting and am beginning to like the main characters.

More bloodshed at a bibliophiles' bed-and-breakfast as Victoria Gilbert's delightful series continues.

Meeting your favorite author in the flesh can be the chance of a lifetime. But for one unlucky fan, her plum place in line at a book signing will lead to her untimely demise.

Beaufort, North Carolina, is home to Chapters Bed and Breakfast, owned and operated by former schoolteacher Charlotte Reed. This historic 18th-century inn draws in voracious readers from far and wide with its lovingly curated special events celebrating a host of genres and authors.

On this sunny July weekend, a visit by one of the biggest names in romantic fantasy attracts throngs of admirers to the quaint coastal village. That's not ideal, as the author retreated to Chapters to get away from it all for a while. No matter--she'll appease her fans with a "Tea and Talk" meet-and-greet at the B&B celebrating her bestselling series (starring a devilishly dashing, time-traveling pirate), follow that up with a quick book signing at Bookwaves, the hip indie bookstore across town, and spend the remainder of the weekend in delightful repose.

But when the president of the reclusive writer's fan club is found dead in the harbor by the Beaufort docks--done in by a blunt-force blow to the head--it's up to Charlotte Reed, her neighbor Ellen, and Ellen's trusty Yorkshire terrier to sniff out the killer. Because if they can't, a spectacularly successful book series--and its author--may come to a sudden, lethal conclusion.


I found myself engrossed in the story and reading it over a couple of days. As a booklover , would love to be staying at a B&B along with one of my favorite authors.  Learning the ins and out as well as the pitfalls of trying to make it as a writer these days.  

I loved the characters of Ellen and Charlotte and the bond that’s forming as we slowly find out more of their backstory in each new book.  Could there be a bit of romance in charlottes future...    

Overall the mystery was entertaining, full of twists and turns as well as a few surprises.  I didnt guess the killer before Charlotte this time!

I can’t wait to read the next book and see how things are at Chapters B&B in Beaufort, North Carolina.

I highly recommend this book to all my cozy loving friends.
I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,










Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

The Dog Who Knew Too Much by Krista Davis

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "The Dog Who Knew Too Much” the 6th instalment in the "Paws and Claws” Mystery series ...