May 29, 2021

Death of an Italian Chef by Lee Hollis

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Death of an Italian Chef” by Lee Hollis the 14th instalment in the Haley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery series which releases on June 29, 2021.



The charming coastal town of Bar Harbor, Maine, has a fancy new Italian restaurant--and a nasty new murder...


As the food and cocktails columnist for the Island Times, it's Hayley Powell's job to stay on top of the latest eateries in town. Just in time for the summer tourist season, Chef Romeo, a successful restaurateur from New York City, has opened an establishment called--naturally--Romeo's. But between his over-the-top temperament and his no-holds-barred diet, Chef Romeo may not live through the grand opening.

When the chef actually does suffer a mild heart attack, he ends up sharing a hospital room with Hayley's brother Randy, who's there for gall bladder surgery. Chef Romeo has tasted Hayley's cooking and asks her to take over his restaurant while he's laid up. But this temporary gig may turn permanent, after the chef dies from complications. Only thing is, Randy tells a different story. He might have been sedated, but Hayley's bro swears he saw someone come into their room and put Romeo out of his misery. Now it's up to Hayley to find the person who had no reservations about killing the chef...

I love this series, I have only read the last 5 but have purchased the previous 9 and hope to catch up. The stories always catch my attention and pull me in right away.  This instalment was no different I read over a few hours.

Plus the recipes ! They make me want to cook pasta!  Linguine is a favourite as is bacon carbonara and I told hubby we needed to order in Italian as craving so much after reading this story.  I’m definitely going to try at least one recipe from the book.

I suspected the murderer but didn’t fully guess until Haley did. This was a great mystery filled with lots of twists and turns. I love how Haley, Liddy and Mona and their long friendship with all the stories, we meet a few new characters that I hope to see on future books.  Haley also might make one of her dreams come true ...

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends !


My rating 

I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Kensington Books and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...