Apr 28, 2021

Murder in a Scottish Garden By Traci Hall

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Murder in a Scottish Garden” the 2nd instalment in the Scottish Shire Mystery series by Traci Hall.  What a great sequel to book one! 



In the charming Scottish shire of Nairn,sweater shop owner Paislee Shaw must root out a garden variety killer. . .

Paislee’s custom sweater and yarn business, Cashmere Crush, is the sole support for not only the single mum and her ten-year-old son Brody, but also her eccentric Gramps and Wallace, their black Scottish terrier.So when her landlord, Shawn Marcus, serves her an eviction notice and then pulls a disappearing act, she’ll go to any lengths to find the man and reason with him.

Shawn is heir to the Leery Estate, which Brody’s class will be visiting on a field trip. So Paislee volunteers to chaperone in the hopes of tracking down Shawn and killing two birds with one stone. Unfortunately, the only one killed is a man Paislee sees falling out of the hedges after being shot. It’s not her missing landlord, but Lady Leery’s nephew, Charles Thomson. Gruff DI Mack Zeffer is on the case, but Paislee also has a stake in flushing out the shooter. With suspects sprouting up like weeds, Paislee may need to hedge her bets until she can determine who is trying to lead her down the garden path . . .

I loved finding out more about the Leery estate and especially the life Lady Shannon has lead . Also that Paisley, her son Brody and grandpa were still together.  Lydia always has Paislee’s back and who wouldn’t want a BFF like that.  I find the characters to be wonderful,  full of Scottish pride and small village life.  

The mystery is interesting, well plotted, full of lots of twists and kept me guessing on whodunnit right to the reveal.

I highly recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends. 


I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Kensington Publishing and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...