Apr 19, 2021

Deadly Ever After by Eva Gates

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Deadly Ever After” the 8th instalment in the "Lighthouse Library" Mystery series by Eva Gates.


Librarian Lucy's wedding is at stake when a murder interrupts her engagement celebrations. To make it down the aisle, she'll have to find the killer to save the date in the 8th book in the Lighthouse Library mysteries. 

They're getting married! Lucy Richardson and Connor McNeil have announced their engagement. Their friends throw a party for the couple at Coquina Beach, close to Lucy's beloved Bodie Island Lighthouse Library. 

As they're packing up the presents and the (few) leftovers from Josie's Cozy Bakery, who should arrive, but Richard Eric Lewiston III, Lucy's former almost-fiancĂ© and his overbearing mother Evangeline. Push comes to love when Evangeline makes no secret of why she's here: to get Lucy and Ricky back together. 

Lucy isn't temped in the least, and Ricky is nothing but embarrassed at his mother's desperate ploy. Before returning to Boston Evangeline throws a dinner party at Jake's Seafood Bar for a reluctant Lucy and her family. Lucy hopes to get the dinner over with and see Evangeline and Ricky returning to Boson. But when a body is found at the restaurant's kitchen door, Lucy is again forced to unwillingly put on her detective's hat and do what she can to save her family and her engagement. Meanwhile, the classic novel reading club is reading The Hound of the Baskervilles, and open war breaks out in the Lighthouse Library when Lucy agrees to temporarily take care of a dog named Fluffy, but Charles the library cat has other ideas.


This is the 3rd book I have read in the series but I had no trouble following along. I really enjoyed this story, and it has made me want to catch up on the series.  I have several books in my TBR pile. In fact I am now a huge fan girl for Vicki Delany/Eva Gates and bought a a lot of paperbacks in her other series too.

The setting of the Bodie Island Lighthouse library in the Outer Banks of N.C. is a dream location that my friends all know is my dream location to live if I ever moved to the States. I could picture it in my mind from the descriptions which really helps make it come to life in your mind.

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters which are well developed. Lucy, her mum, and her adorable cat Charles and Fluffy the dog set out to solve the crime.  I enjoyed seeing Lucy with her mum too and hope her parents come to visit again. I kept guessing and second-guessing myself on whodunnit right to the very end.   I enjoyed the sub-story with Evangeline as well as Charlene too.



I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...