Apr 11, 2021

Murder in the Cookbook Nook by Ellery Adams

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “ Murder in the Cookbook Nook” by Ellery Adams the 7th instalment in the "Book Retreat Mystery" series. I really enjoy this series  
Virginia is for lovers--and Storyton Hall is its best vacation spot for lovers of books. The big event this summer at Jane Steward's resort is A Bookish Cook-Off. It's a blend of the literary and the culinary--but someone's headed for the mortuary...

Six chefs are preparing to compete in an outdoor tent at Storyton Hall for prizes that will boost their careers--but is there someone who can't stand the heat? It looks that way when one of the contestants is found dead in a pantry packed with two centuries' worth of cookbooks, among other treasures and rarities.

Could there be a connection to other recent events in town, like tampering with the costume of a local mascot? Jane isn't sure, but after someone serves a second course of murder, the kitchen must be closed and the killer must be found...

I found myself enjoying the story, I love the premise of a town and hotel devoted to reading. The way it’s described I feel like I’m there with them. I say this every time I love the characters in this series and how they interact with each other, the whole town is like one big family. I want to be a Cover Girl the friendship between them is special and endearing who wouldn’t want friends that really got them.

The mystery was interesting and well plotted, the idea of a cooking show filming at Storyton was good and I liked how Mrs. Hubbard played a big part in the story.  Plus I did not suspect the killer till Jane did.

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends.



I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Kensington Books and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...