Mar 18, 2020

Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal by Tonya Kappes

Hello my cozy friends,

Today's review is about one of my favorite series, Camper & Criminals mysteries by Tonya Kappes
Who served up the murder at the Normal Diner?

A beloved resident of Normal, Kentucky is found dead on the floor of the Normal Diner, leaving the entire town on high alert. Faster than the short order cook can say order up... the laundry ladies are in the scene.

News spreads fast about the murder and Detective Hank Sharp is hungry for answers.

Mae West along with the Laundry Club ladies come up with a list of suspects and the evidence is piling up faster than a juicy double cheeseburger.

Who murdered the beloved citizen?

Was it a hit to score some extra lunch money?
Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal is the 10th installment in the Camper & Criminals mystery series . I LOVE visiting “Normal, Kentucky” and Happy Trails campground.  

The story was intriguing and I liked how we learnt more about Mae’s past as she visits her hometown of Perrysburg, Kentucky.  It brought to life why she is the way she is and why she left at 18.   

I did figure out who the hacker and killer was fairly quickly but it didn’t take away from the story.  

One thing that I found hard at first was that in this instalment there was so much back story in the first 3 chapters, and some things were repeated more than once. (This is just my personal opinion and in no way a reflection on the author) But with that said if you were new to the series you might like this.  I was thinking it would be better to have list of characters at front of book, even a map of normal...

I still love this series and can’t wait for Tents, Trails and Turmoil to come out on April 28th!

There are recipes and cleaning hacks at the end of the book.


I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced, unpolished, electronic copy of this book

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...