Mar 6, 2020

And then I Turned into a Mermaid by Laura Kirkpatrick

And Then I Turned Into a Mermaid (And Then I Turned Into a Mermaid, #1)And Then I Turned Into a Mermaid by Laura Kirkpatrick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The title is what made me want to read this, I’m essentially a landlocked mermaid!
Even though I am in my 50’s I totally enjoyed this story!

Molly Seabrook’s dull seaside life is turned upside down when she turns 13 and is let in on the family secret: she’s PART-MERMAID! While this does explain why her bonkers Mum is always skinny-dipping, Molly isn’t exactly thrilled. She already has to dress as a haddock to promote the family fish ’n’ chip shop, and now this? Growing up is hard enough without sprouting a fish tail in Double Maths, or disguising your gills from the cute boy at the ice cream kiosk.

Join Molly as she navigates the stormy sea of social awkwardness, best friend fallouts and the World's Most Embarrassing Family – all while attempting to hide her (Very Weird) new double identity. Will she sink or swim? You’ll have to wait and SEA . . .

It was humorous, full of friendship struggles we all go through at any age, touched on LGBTQ 🏳️‍🌈 and just the love between a mum and Daughters.

This is an amazing book and I can't wait for more of the series and Seabrook sisters adventures! If there is a sequel I will definitely purchase

I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from the publisher and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own

View all my reviews

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...