Hello my cozy friends,
Murder has hardware store owner Dawna Carpenter all shook up.
Pine Bluff, Oregon’s annual Winter Carnival is the perfect remedy for the cabin fever that has hit the town hard. Dawna pulls on her bobby socks for this year’s 50s-themed event, ready to relax and mingle after a long winter.
But with the angry high school French teacher spitting nails at half the town, the social event of the winter is anything but relaxing. What should have been a fun evening ends in disaster when Dawna’s daughter, April, finds the teacher sitting behind his desk, dead as a doornail. To make matters worse, his ghost is still in the classroom, unaware he’s just been murdered. With an ice storm in the forecast, Dawna must chisel out the clues to find the killer before there’s another nail in a coffin.
"Awl Shook Up" is a delightful cozy mystery set in the charming town of Pine Bluff, Oregon during the Winter Carnival. The story is engaging, well-written, and full of suspense, with a cast of lovable characters.
Dawna is a standout character, and her relatability and likeability make her a joy to read about. The way she feels the presence of her late husband and deceased pet adds a touching element to the story. I like the addition of Sierra and the new store The Sprouted Hearth …
The mystery is expertly woven, with plenty of suspects and twists to keep you guessing. I didn't suspect the killer until the very end, which made the reveal satisfying.
The blend of cozy mystery, rural suspense, and supernatural flair makes this book a standout in the genre. The setting is vivid, the characters are endearing, and the mystery is perfectly paced.
I highly recommend this cozy mystery series to all my friends.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Level Best Books and BookSirens. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Please join the conversation and comment below. Have you read… If so what did you think/like
Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.
Hugs,
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.
Hugs,
Follow my blog with Bloglovin




No comments:
Post a Comment