Apr 5, 2024

Welcome to Hollyhock Farm by Georgina Troy

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Welcome to Hollyhock Farm" by Georgina Troy. What can I say other than I enjoyed it and read in one day.  Who doesn’t want to escape to a small farm on an island in the English Channel…

Set sail for the idyllic island of Jersey in this gorgeous new romance, perfect for fans of Rachael Lucas and Phillipa Ashley...

When Lettie’s parents call her and her brother back to Hollyhock Farm on the island of Jersey, the last thing they expect to be told is that their childhood home is up for sale.

Back on the island, with its rolling hills and golden sands, Lettie immediately remembers what it feels like to breathe in the fresh air in the green fields, and be part of this tight-knit community – a far cry from the life of events and high fashion she leads in London.

But she surprises even herself when she suggests that she instead could take over Hollyhock farm. Humouring her, her father agrees to give her a three month trial, and Lettie is determined to prove she’s up to the task.

But the summer season is no easy feat for a new farmer, and Lettie has a huge task ahead of her. And when an old flame reappears in the form of dashing local vet Brodie, Lettie’s summer is about to get even more complicated…

The setting of a small farm on the Island of Jersey sounded breathtaking.  It had everything you could want in a story love, family, community and second chances.

I found the characters to be well developed, and multi-dimensional.  You had her childhood crush Brodie back on the island as the local vet, then the fireman Joe who all wanted to help Lettie with the farm while her parents were away.  The story was told from Lettie’s perspective as well as Brodies .

I will definitely read other books by this author.
I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Boldwood Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...