Apr 15, 2024

Lights, Camera, Bones by Carolyn Haines

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing  "Lights, Camera, Bones" by Carolyn Haines the 27th instalment in the "A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery" series which releases on May 21st.  I absolutely love this series!
The latest novel in the series that Kirkus Reviews characterizes as “Stephanie Plum meets the Ya-Ya Sisterhood” featuring sassy Southern private investigator Sarah Booth Delaney.

Delaney Detective Agency gets a taste of the spotlight when they are called to a case on a movie set in Greenville, MS, right on the Mississippi River. Marlon Brandon, heir to a wealthy and influential political family, has brought a film crew to town to film a drama about the 1927 flood that submerged a great deal of Greenville. Marlon wants the world to know the story of the flood—and the heroic role the Brandon ancestors played in rescuing dozens of local residents from drowning.

Or at least that was the plan until he disappeared. If this weren't concerning enough, the situation appears even more dire when a severed foot is discovered in the Mississippi River, and clues indicate that Marlon may have fallen victim to a freak bull shark attack. 

But as rumors swirl around the Delta about Marlon's motives for making the film, Sarah Booth and Tinkie have to wonder whether a shark is to blame, or an equally ferocious human offender. The show must go on, and Sarah Booth and her crew will have to investigate all manner of creatures, over land and sea, in order to solve the mystery and save the day.

I always enjoy visiting with Sarah and Tinkie it’s like coming home to old friends.  I always learn something about the history of the Deep South and this time the flood of 1927 in Greenville.  Sarah Booth and Tinkie investigate the disappearance of the Marlon the writer and star of the movie.

There were plenty of twists and turns and lots to keep you intrigued.  I found this book to be a real page-turner, and reading in one day. I love Jitty Sarah’s “Haint” she played a few tricks on Sarah that were mean but funny at the same time …. Did I mention there was also a Bull Shark loose in the Mississippi River.

I’m looking forward to the next instalment 
 
I highly recommend this book and series to all my cozy mystery friends. 


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from St. Martins Press and NetGalley . All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,




1 comment:

  1. Carolyn Haines writes such fun books. Like you I enjoy her having us learn about a place in history. I need to get this 📖 !




    ReplyDelete

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...