Mar 4, 2024

Can You Keep A Secret? by Jo Lovett

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing Can You Keep A Secret? by Jo Lovett.  What can I say other than I loved it and read in one day.  Who doesn’t want to escape to an estate in the country.  I have now added the author to my list of RomCom authors I love.
PRE-ORDER now the new gorgeous rom com by Jo Lovett 

One New Year’s Eve, Georgie James and her friends come up with a genius plan to help them stick to their resolutions… They all write down secrets, seal them in envelopes and then post them to each other. The secrets will be revealed at the end of the year if they haven’t kept their resolutions.

It’s perfect. Except…

Georgie's secret is BIG... and revealing it could destroy their friendships. She has no idea why she chose that one to write down. There are plenty of innocent things she could have said – even admitting she finds newcomer Raf incredibly annoying would have been better.

What she does know is that there’s no way she can let her secret be revealed. Which means she needs to keep her (nightmare) resolutions and, most importantly, get her envelope back before anyone can open it. Which, given she sent her secret to Raf, means spending a lot more time with him than she’d choose to...

A heartwarming romantic comedy for fans of Beth O’Leary and Mhairi McFarlane 


The setting of Melting in the Cotswolds sounded breathtaking, I could picture myself living close to the green, everything in walking distance.  It had everything you could want in a story love, family, friendship and second chances.

I found the characters to be well developed, and multi-dimensional. There were multiple sub-plots of family dynamics Georgie’s as well as Poppy’s new family situation that had you interested in the outcome. I must admit I choked up a bit and was totally invested in Georgie’s and Poppy’s situation and wanting things to work out.

It had me thinking about all the white lies we tell to ourselves and others.  Sometimes you can get so caught up in trying not to hurt someone’s feelings that in the end it can be worse than if you told them to begin with.

Also I could relate to Georgie and her feelings of always being second best , not a nice feeling especially when it’s your parents treating you this way.

I’m hoping there could be a follow up book so we could catch up on the characters. 
I will definitely read other books by this author.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Boldwood Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...