Jan 30, 2024

The Blackhouse by Carole Johnstone

The BlackhouseThe Blackhouse by Carole Johnstone
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A richly atmospheric thriller set on an isolated Scottish island where nothing is as it seems and shocking twists lie around every corner.

A remote village. A deadly secret. An outsider who knows the truth.

Told in two timelines, 1994 and the present, Maggie and Robert piece together the real story of what happened to Andrew MacNeil.

I found it atmospheric, suspenseful and I just had to know the answers and what happens. I read almost in one sitting. I absolutely loved Maggie's character development throughout the story. I liked all of the shocking points and twists in the story. The ending... I totally did not expect it.

I highly recommend it to anyone who loves mysteries, thrillers or gothic spooky reads. I immediately went out and bought Mirrorland and can’t wait to read it.

View all my reviews 

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers. Hugs,

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...