Jan 30, 2024

Secrets Ever Green The Everlight Series, Book One by Sara Knightly

Hello my friends, 

Today I am reviewing “Secrets Ever Green by Sara Knightly.  I loved this book and totally added it to my favourite series list!

The secrets were buried… until clues began to bloom.

Ivy Rune’s only goal is to pass her final exam and become an Arborist like her late father, even though she fears she’ll never be able to uphold his legacy. Just before her big test, Ivy discovers her father’s secrets… and they had nothing to do with the quiet life he led.

Suddenly, clues unspool from wood carvings and old journals, leading Ivy to the outskirts of town and straight to the Count’s forbidden castle. When Ivy uncovers a hidden world of magic, she and her best friend are unexpectedly altered. As they explore their new powers, Ivy realizes she is capable of much more than the simple life her father left for her.

Now Ivy must decide between inheriting her father’s Arborist trade or continuing to uncover the mystery he kept hidden. But uprooting the past might erase her father’s legacy and change the course of Ivy’s life forever.

Secrets Ever Green is the first book in The Everlight series. 


🌱 Found Family
🌱 Found magic
🌱 Mystery 

*Ending: To-be-continued with book two, Castle Ever Dark.


I must start off by saying I have just started reading fantasy YA books again after years of only mysteries.  I read this story today and couldn’t put it down as I wanted to know what would happen to Ivy and I anxiously wait for book two Castle Ever Dark! 

It was a coming of age story, about friendship, and the unknown of becoming an adult, with a little mystery and magic thrown in. I could feel and relate to Ivy's fears as they were portrayed in such a realistic way. 

Highly recommend this debut fantasy novel to all my book loving friends, I know I will be adding Sara Knightly to my favorite author list.

I requested and received an advance readers copy from NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...