Aug 20, 2023

Six Sweets Under by Sarah Fox

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing “Six Sweets Under” by Sarah Fox  the 1st instalment in the "True Confections Mystery" series.  I love Sarah’s writing style and totally loved her Literary Pub Mystery series as well as the Pancake House Mystery series, so knew I wouldn't be disappointed!
Former actress Becca Ransom lived her dream in Hollywood for seven years before returning to her hometown of Larch Haven, Vermont. Known as the Venice of North America, Larch Haven has canals instead of roads, gondolas instead of cars, and charming cottages that look like they were plucked from the pages of a fairy tale. It’s also where Becca is pursuing her newest passion as a chocolatier at True Confections, the chocolate shop owned by her grandparents, Lolly and Pops.

While Becca’s testing new flavors and reconnecting with old friends, the town is gearing up for the annual Gondola Races, popular with both residents and tourists, with one exception. Local curmudgeon Archie Smith wants nothing more than to keep tourists away from Larch Haven. He’s determined to derail this year’s event and does his best to stir up trouble for the organizers, including Becca’s grandfather.

Following a heated argument with Pops, Archie is found floating face-down in the canal, and Pops finds himself in hot water as one of the top suspects. Becca’s determined to clear her grandfather’s name, but when the case heats up, she could be facing a sticky end.
What a great start to a new series!  I loved it!  I really enjoyed visiting Larch Haven , and the True Confections shop.  Sarah is very good at descriptive writing so you feel like you’re right there walking along the canals or riding in a gondola and seeing the picturesque cottages.   I know I would love to live there.

Everyone knows I’m a sucker for furbabies in my cozies so when you have two mischievous cats named Truffles and Binx, I was okay I’m in love.  Another thing I enjoyed was the relationship between Becca and her grandparents Lilly and Pops, as well her bff Dizzy and her high school crush Sawyer. 

I wasnt surprised by what happened to Archie but having all those suspects drew me in and I had to find out what happened to him! Since Becca makes the chocolates, she has free time to slip out and investigate with her bff Dizzy even though Sawyer tells them to stay out of the police investigation. 

It was entertaining, full of twists and turns and I didn’t completely guess whodunnit until Becca did.  plus all the descriptions of the chocolates made my mouth water.  Recipes in the back of book…

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends and I can’t wait for book 2 to come out!


All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stranger in the Library by Eva Gates

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "A Stranger in the Library” the 11th instalment in the "Lighthouse Library" Myste...