Aug 31, 2023

Heavens To Bribery by Tonya Kappes

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Heavens to Bribery” by Tonya Kappes the 9th book in her Kenni Lowry Mystery series starring Sheriff Kenni Lowry. It definitely can be read as a stand-alone but I do recommend you start at the beginning.
There's about to be a murder!
"Shucks, y'all! Sheriff Kenni Lowry is back and her life's as twisted as a snake with a bellyache. A marriage proposal from the dashing Finn Vincent could mean a 'happily ever after,' but it also risks sending her ghostly Poppa to the great beyond for good. Can she reckon with love while keeping her spectral sidekick?

Just when you think Kenni's plate is full, a murdered John Doe is discovered on the train tracks. Poisoned and unknown, this mystery man's arrival stirs up a hornet's nest in the heart of Cottonwood.

In 'Heavens to Bribery,' dig into a hearty helping of Southern charm, ghostly companionship, and a murder mystery as thick as Kentucky gravy. Strap in for a tale that’s more gripping than a bull rider at the rodeo, as Kenni races to uncover the truth behind this deadly puzzle.
I love Sheriff Kenni and her ghost Poppa that helps assist in the investigations. But with Finn proposing it could mean the end of her investigating with her beloved Poppa!  What a tough decision she has to make which gets further complicated by a murder and an upcoming sheriff election. 

There were lots of twists and turns to keep us entertained and guessing. I had no idea who the killer was until Kenni did! Also there were a couple of surprises and I can’t wait for the next instalment!

I highly recommend this book to all my cozy loving friends 

I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stranger in the Library by Eva Gates

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "A Stranger in the Library” the 11th instalment in the "Lighthouse Library" Myste...