Feb 15, 2022

Wedding Bell Blues by Lynn Cahoon

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Wedding Bell Blues" the 13th instalment in the "Tourist Trap” Mystery series by Lynn Cahoon. This is one of my favourite cozy mystery series! 

In the California coastal town of South Cove, Jill Gardner, owner of Coffee, Books, and More, becomes more engaged in sleuthing than wedding preparations when there’s a murder in a dress shop . . .

Jill couldn’t love police chief Greg King more—so why does that engagement ring still feel funny on her finger? At least she’ll have a chance to show it off this Saturday at their engagement party. Just in time for the event, a new dress shop has opened in town, Exquisite Gowns for You, specializing in designer wedding gowns and other custom-fit dresses.

But Jill’s excitement turns to shock when she comes by to pick up her dress for the party and discovers a dead body in the shop. New owner Harper Sanchez is behaving strangely and becoming more mysterious than anyone expected. Despite Greg’s warnings to leave the case to him, Jill can’t help looking into the murder. Somebody in South Cove is dressed to kill—and if Jill’s not careful, she may not live to wear her wedding gown . . .


As always I love visiting South Cove, California and Coffee, Books & More, this story was really good.  I love the main set of characters Jill, Amy, Aunt Jackie, Greg, Toby and now we have Deek and Evie as part of the CBM family.   Deek is a budding writer and I hope we see more of this development in future books.  

As for the mystery I found it to be well plotted and it moved along at a steady pace. There were only a few suspects for the murder but you still find yourself second guessing on who the murderer can be. Overall I found this to be a great story and I loved the surprise ending! 
I can’t wait for the next instalment to come out.

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy friends.


I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...