Feb 21, 2022

Death by Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake By Sarah Graves

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Death by Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake” the first instalment in the "Death By Chocolate" mystery series by Sarah Graves.  

Did you know this is actually a continuation of Sarah's other series "A Home Repair Is Homicide" I think I read them but just to be sure i will freshen up on it as it will tell you how the characters came to be together.
Murder is the guiltiest pleasure at a Down East Maine bakeshop in this cozy mystery series debut by the author of the Home Repair is Homicide novels.
 
Life gets a little sweeter in the island fishing village of Eastport, Maine, when Jacobia “Jake” Tiptree and her best friend Ellie open a chocolate-themed bakeshop, the Chocolate Moose. They expect to make plenty of dough this Fourth of July weekend, and having family home for the holiday only sweetens the deal for Jake—until an early-season hurricane sours her plans. But an empty bakeshop and a ruined reunion are a piece of cake compare to murder . . .
 
When health inspector Matt Muldoon is found dead in the kitchen of The Chocolate Moose, Ellie is suspected of indulging in revenge. She made no secret of her distaste for Matt, who had been raining on their parade with bogus health code violations. Now, with no alibi for the night of the murder, she’s in a sticky situation—and it’s up to Jake to catch the real killer and keep Ellie living in the land of the free.
 
Includes an irresistible recipe!

I enjoy stories set in coastal locations, and the village of Eastport, Maine is a perfect setting from the description of harbor, the shops, the people.  The protagonist Jake and her BFF Ellie have a wonderful friendship, always got each other’s back, and in this story they really need to have each others backs!

I had read a later installment so it was nice to go back and read book one for a group discussion this week.  It was like visiting old friends and there were a few hair raising moments throughout the book. 

There were a handful of suspects and lots of twists and turns to keep me wanting to find out what will happen next. I did suspect the killer early on but then second guessed myself.  

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy friends.
All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 






Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...