Dec 16, 2021

Spoonful of Murder by Tonya Kappes

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Spoonful of Murder" the10th instalment in the A Killer Coffee Mystery Series by Tonya Kappes.  I was so happy to visit Honey Springs Kentucky again, been way to long as I love this series.

Welcome to the Bean Hive Coffeehouse where the coffee and gossip are HOT!

Sure, Honey Springs, Kentucky is a destination for summer time visitors but our annual Christmas Festival, which includes a PAW-rade (mmhmmm for furry friends) is giving the summer tourist season a run for its money quickly becoming a tourist favorite!

Aunt Maxi is hosting a progressive supper for the community to raise funds for Pet Palace, our local SPCA. You'd think it would be GREAT for the tourists and it is but when Aunt Maxi literally has a hissy fit with a tail on it after she finds out Loretta Bebe's involvement...things turn south.

A dead body appears during the appetizers, Aunt Maxi and Loretta are suspects, and it's all she wrote from there.

Lordy bee...let's hope this things wrapped up in a nice little package with a bow on top so Santa doesn't have to make a stop at the local jail!
This go around it’s the night of the progressive dinner on the Boardwalk to raise money for the Pet Palace. Medlum ensues when Babette can’t do the appetizers portion due to an injury.  Enter Low-retta with her cheese balls … pretty soon aunt Maxi is in a tizzy and thinking of ways to stop Low-etta from inserting herself into her event.  Roxy has a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach but she didn’t expect someone to be murdered again …

As always a Tonya’s stories are filled with humour, wonderful characters and a mystery to solve.  I love visiting Honey Springs and the Bee Hive and this time we have a cute little puppy from the Pet Palace to love up on.  Plus it looks like there will be some exciting things happening in future instalments...

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, I did figure it out before the reveal but that didn’t stop me from going along for the ride. I loved the interaction with Roxy, Birdie, and Bunny in this instalment. I also like the inclusion of fur-babies into the story, this time there is a rescue puppy and a senior cat. 

The story moves at a steady pace, and I had a hard time putting it down thus I finished it in a few hours.  Please note you could read as a stand alone, but you will want to read them all.

I cant wait to take another trip to Honey Springs, Kentucky, to see whats new with Roxy and her friends. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading cozy mysteries.



I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...