Nov 19, 2020

Mrs. Morris and the Ghost of Christmas Past by Traci Wilton

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Mrs. Morris and the Ghost of Christmas Past" the 3rd instalment in the "Salem B&B Mystery” series by Traci Wilton.  This is the first book I have read in the series and it can easily be read as a standalone but I recommend reading them in order.

Salem, Massachusetts B&B owner Charlene Morris is looking into a holiday hit-and-run, with a little help from her ghostly housemate . . .
 
Charlene’s parents are in town for Christmas, and her mother is driving her up a tree. Her bed-and-breakfast’s resident ghost, Jack, isn’t fond of her either—and he’s showing it with some haunting high jinks. But when Charlene takes her mom and dad out for dinner, the less-than-seasonal spirits take a deadly turn.
 
David Baldwin has just won a fortune in the lottery—and it adds a lot of drama to the charity auction he’s hosting at his restaurant. When he caps off the evening by playing Santa and handing out checks to some of the attendees, the mood shifts . . . and Charlene observes mysterious tensions between David and his flashy, bleached-blonde wife, his neglected teenage son from a previous marriage, and his hostile business partner, among others. And they’re only a few on the long list of potential suspects when David runs into the road and is mowed down by a fleeing motorist. Now it looks like it’s going to be homicide for the holidays . . .
I really enjoyed this story, and it has made me want to catch up on the series.  I have the first two in paperback and the 4th pre-ordered.  I loved the characters even Charlene’s outspoken mother I could relate with to some extent.   I found Jacks antics funny and enjoyed Charlene along with Minnie and Avery a young teen from Felicity house.  I think I would like to see Charlene adopt or foster one of the children.

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, with enough twists and turns to keep you guessing till the end.
I’m super excited to get caught up before book 4 Mrs. Morris and the Sorceress comes out March, 2021.

 I highly recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books, the author and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin





No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...