Aug 10, 2020

Kickbacks, Kayaks, and Kidnapping By Tonya Kappes

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Kickbacks, Kayaks, and Kidnapping” by Tonya Kappes the 12th instalment in the " Camper and Criminals Mystery" series. I really enjoy this series and look forward to visiting Normal and the Laundry Club ladies.

Welcome to Normal, Kentucky~ where nothing is normal. 

Deep in the heart of the Daniel Boone National Forest, Mae West has spent the last few years bringing the rundown Happy Trails Campground and the small southern and cozy town of Normal, Kentucky back to a thriving economic community.

Mae's efforts haven't gone unnoticed. Not only is Happy Trails Campground in the running to be named Campground Hospitality of the Daniel Boone National Park, but she landed the coveted Paddle Fest kayak competition that secures the winner a spot on the Olympic team.

When champion and Olympian kayaker Bryce Anderson turns over in his kayak dead...there's more than paddling going on and his death has been ruled a homicide. News of Bryce's death spreads fast and Happy Trails becomes the center of bad publicity.

Come camping with Mae West and the Laundry Club Ladies as they put their sleuthing, well nosy, caps on and put their skills to the test so they can figure out who killed the Olympian and save Happy Trails from financial ruin.
I really enjoyed this instalment in the Camper & Criminals Cozy Mystery series. I adore Mae and the laundry Club ladies, and the whole concept of living in a RV Park in the woods.  I must say I think this is my favorite series by Tonya Kappes but I seem to say that about all of them.

In this instalment Mae and Happy Trails Campground are hosting the Paddle Fest Competition and the winner will go on to the Olympic Kayaking team.  Star kayaker Bryce is Found murdered at the opening ceremony and Mae must figure out who did it before all her hard work is undone.

This mystery had a lot of suspects and I didn’t figure it out till just before Mae!  I was yelling at the book saying no don’t trust him/her!

One of my favourite characters is Dottie and in this story she is hilarious with her unfiltered comments, especially about the victim and his shenangins...

If your looking for a fun, hillarous southern mystery then this is your book!

I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...